07 February 2011

Because what the world needs now is another blog.

I have been out of the blogging business for over three years now. When I started Indignant Indigent in April 2005, I was an assistant public defender, toiling away in the appellate section of the Monroe County Public Defender's office. The blog started as a case digest, a straight review of new appellate decisions, and eventually incorporated more commentary on unsettled, substantive criminal law issues.

I left for private civil practice in September 2007, and left the blog behind. The firm I went to had no real criminal practice to speak of, and blogging about recent developments in criminal law no longer complimented my day job. Indignant Indigent was left in good hands, and is still plugging along.

I recently joined Trevett Cristo Salzer & Andolina, P.C., and to my great delight find myself once again practicing criminal law, and once again sifting through criminal appellate decisions. I split my time between criminal practice and general civil litigation.

So, I have decided to dust off the Blogger account and start this blog, RocLaw. Content-wise, expect a good bit of resemblance to the Indignant Indigent days, but with a broader scope that covers develoments in both criminal and civil law in New York.

The blog landscape has changed quite a bit since I first started in 2005. Back then, it was I.I. and Sui Generis, and that was about it. Now there are many, many fine blogs providing tips and commentary for New York practice, including my friends over at New York Criminal Defense. My hope is this blog will avoid redundancy and bring something useful to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment